‘Dear Insecure Girls, Please stop hating and being ashamed of yourselves. Thick or thin, tall or short, dark or fair, you’re beautiful the way you are and you don’t realize it. Real men always choose, love, respect, and adore the real you. If you’re changing for your man, something ain’t right. Accept, Stay real, Love yourself & know your worth. You’re not ugly, Society is…’ -Manasa Rao
How in love with yourself were you when you woke up this morning?
On a scale of 1-10, I’d say most of you were probably a 5 or 6, if you’re lucky.
It seems like most people have a definite lack of love for themselves and we need to fix that. Without having a love for yourself, you’re causing all kinds of mental and physical problems.
I personally have always had a high self esteem and I love myself for all that I am, imperfections and all. I make fun of myself and do dumb things, but I love being me. I wish that I could give bits of my self esteem and confidence to girls, (and guys), around the world who need it, cause I have plenty to go around. But since that’s not possible, I’m here to help you out and tell you why you should love yourself and start to love yourself now if you haven’t already.
If you don’t have reasons why you should love yourself odds are you’re going to live your life miserably. If you’re happy with yourself, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you’re unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that. You deserve more.
It’s not that hard to experience self love. Yes, it may take some time, but it’s all worth it in the end. So stop being one of those people who gives love to other people but not to themselves.
— — —
Here are 10 reasons to love yourself(:
1. Strength. When you love yourself, you will feel a certain strength that you didn’t have before. You’ll feel empowered and unknowingly prove to yourself that you’re stronger than you think you are. And with that power you’ll have the strength to overcome any obstacle, any problem, and anything.
2. Confidence and Self Esteem. Confidence is another major reason to love yourself. Everybody wants confidence, but they just don’t have it and don’t know how to be confident. And it all comes back to loving yourself and loving who you are and truly believing in yourself and your decisions. You can only be confident if you love yourself. Over time, the more you love yourself, the more you trust yourself and it will boost your self esteem.
3. People will like you more. As dumb as that reason sounds, it’s true. Probably better said in the way that people like people who love themselves. It makes a lot of sense. Like why would you want to be friends or be around someone who constantly puts themselves down and criticizes themselves all the time. If you love yourself you should be building yourself up, not tearing yourself down.
4. Attractiveness. Yes, when you love yourself and have that confidence, you instantly become more attractive. And hey, who doesn’t want to be attractive(:
5. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. Yep. Before you can fall in love with anyone, you have to love yourself first. And really, how can you expect to love someone and have a healthy relationship if you don’t even love yourself.
6. Emotional Stability and Cease of Self Sabotage. With self love comes inner stability. You will feel really emotionally stable if you love yourself, and I know that’s definitely something that all girls need in this day and age. And along with that stability, you will no longer be the culprit of self sabotage. Do you notice that you sabotage or destroy relationships with people? Family and friends? Improving your relationships with people and everyone first starts with yourself.
7. You become a priority to yourself. When you love who you are, it becomes easier to see yourself as a priority. And by this, I don’t mean being selfish. It’s different for everyone. For some, it could mean to stop putting everyone before yourself and stop making them happy instead of yourself; or it could mean doing little things to take care of yourself like making yourself a good meal instead of snacking on junk food all day x)
8. Success. Success will seem to come easier when you love yourself. Because when you love yourself you feel empowered and confident, as if you could do anything. That’s exactly the attitude you want to have and your self love will just aid in your success in everything in life.
9. True Happiness. True happiness will come in time when you love yourself. Happiness with yourself, your life, your goals and relationships with the people in your life.
10. To Learn. Once you love yourself, you will learn even more about yourself and grow from there with who you are as a person. And once you know about yourself, it’ll be way easier to know and learn about other people.
— — —
Loving yourself doesn’t mean being selfish, or conceited, or boastful. It means believing in yourself, your life, your decisions, accepting who you are, and being able to inspire others and set an example of how people’s mindsets should be and how to behave in this world.
It’s very easy to forget about yourself and get lost in the little things of daily life.
Don’t ever forget to give yourself some much needed love ❤
Leave a Reply