Tonsillectomy Post Op: Day 3 and Day 4

Goodmorning to all my wonderful readers and fellow bloggers! I hope everyone is having a much better morning than I am. Today marks the morning of Day 5 post op since my tonsillectomy, and I woke up with some bad throat pain and complications; but I’m still smiling and trying to get through my morning the best I can. Maybe some green tea will help me a bit. I’m gonna go make a cup, and I will be back to give an overview of day 3 and 4 of my post op with you guys.

This has been an interesting recovery so far. I’ve definitely had my fair share of very bad throat infections and tonsil infections, but I have never experienced throat pain like this before. It’s been an interesting and sucky experience for me so far. I usually keep a little log in my phone throughout the day as things are happening and as I’m feeling things, and I just transfer those writings over; so if you are wondering why the days are written as if they are just happening, that’s why lol. But let’s get in to it and talk about the previous days, where I last left off.

Day 3:

So early this morning around 2:30am, I woke up and went to the bathroom. The struggle to get up out of bed was too real, but honestly, not much worse than it had been yesterday. After I did manage to get up and go to the bathroom, I came back to my room and sat down on my bed. I was starting to feel really sick to my stomach and even in my head. My tummy was turning and the inside of my mouth and cheeks were getting that warm and tingly feeling you get before you have to throw up. I knew it was coming so I grabbed the bucket in front of me from last times little vomit fest, and just threw up in there. It was mostly just gags, but I did throw up some. I’m just glad that I didn’t throw up blood ._.

I went back to sleep after that and woke up only 4 hours later to the same thing happening. I could feel it coming on and I was like ‘noooo please not again/:’ But I couldn’t help it. I tried my best to get up from bed, which caused me so much pain, but as soon as I got myself to sit up, I started gagging again, ever so violently. This was some seriously violent gagging to be honest. Like the gag reflex was soooo strong, there was nothing that I could have done about it. It seriously felt like my stomach was pumping itself. But I didn’t throw up anything this time. It was just all water and mucus. I feel like the next time I have to throw up or gag like this, I’m gonna really hurt something in my throat and I’ll end up coughing up blood/:

I fell asleep after I gagged, and slept for a few more hours. It was 10am when I woke up again and I could tell that I felt a lot better. I didn’t have that queasy feeling anymore and my throat pain and swallowing pain has died down thanks to meds I took earlier. AND, most importantly in my opinion at the moment, my entire bodily pain and aches have died down quite a bit as well. When I woke back up, it still hurt, but I could definitely move more freely this time to get out of bed. I could turn and lift my arms and body now so I’m glad that started to die down. Hopefully throughout the day it will die down even more and I’ll be able to function correctly soon enough.

As the day went on, my bodily pains subsided and I can fully move around without having any kind of body pains. So yay! I do still have to move slowly though because if I move too much or too quickly I seem to get sick. My body pains did go away, but my throat pains seem to be amplified. Now my throat is in so much pain. And even though I am staying on top of my pain meds, they seems to be having no effect on me whatsoever because my throat has felt consistently the same and terrible throughout the whole day. Other than that, I am starting to have headaches, earaches and sensitivity to bright lights and sounds. And that’s lasted all day so far.

Here is today’s throat photo.

You can tell that there is more fresh scabbyness today than yesterday.

Day 4:

My body pains have stopped completely which is great, but I still get really sick if I’m moving around too much. And ‘too much’ meaning getting up to go to the bathroom a lot, cause I don’t do anything else ._.

I slept a lot today, and woke up around 10am for about 30 minutes, then fell back asleep for a couple more hours and woke up again a little after noon. I went out to the living room to lie down on the couch and get out of my room since I’ve been hibernating in there for quite some time. I was only out there for maybe 30 minutes, just relaxing and closing my eyes because I was feeling really sick. I’ve had a constant headache since yesterday and my stomach was feeling weird again. And as I was lying down I could feel my cheeks starting to tingle and get warm and I knew I was going to throw up. So I had my dad run to my room to get the bucket and I threw up more this time than the past few times.

After that I was still feeling really sick and couldn’t eat anything for most of the day cause I just felt like anything I ate I would just throw back up anyway. I tried drinking lots of water to stay hydrated but even that was making me sick. I just felt like I was going to pass out all day from being sick. I was lightheaded, had a headache, stomachache, and I was dizzy and drowsy all day. My throat was feeling a little better around 6pm and that’s when I decided to eat a little something. I felt so sick while I was eating my food, like I was about to vomit that shit back up, but after I sat there and let it settle for a bit I did feel a whole lot better. I was having some chicken noodle soup and I only ate the noodles and the little round carrots since they were super soft and mushy and soothing for my throat. I ended up eating the whole thing. After that I was going to watch some tv, but ended up falling asleep for a couple hours.

And here’s a photo of my throat from yesterday, day 4.

I’ve also noticed that with each day that passes by, more scabs form and they are thicker than the previous day, but it’s kind of a good thing because in a way they act like a pain blanket to my throat. Like an extra coat of protection on my throat to be honest. Because before when I would take my liquid pain meds, they would really burn my throat. It was hard to swallow it and I dreaded it every time I had to because it hurt so bad. Now, it’s a little easier to swallow that crap because the scabs in my throat are so thick, it doesn’t even penetrate through it. I can barely feel the medicine going down or burning like it did before. So I guess that’s a plus.

As far as food, I was eating only scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese the first two days; but today I changed it up and had some rice and salmon, which are both soft enough foods for me to eat and won’t do any damage to my throat. They were easy for me to chew and swallow; I also had soup, and some bites of chocolate cake, which was super yummy and moist so it didn’t irritate my throat at all.

I get very bored with foods and eating the same things, and I have to switch it up so I can actually have an appetite. So tomorrow I plan on having maybe some light pasta with a butter sauce, and some bananas(: I just have to stay away from anything with too much herbs or spices and obviously crunchy foods for now. But damn I can’t wait till I can have a cheeseburger or like some ribs!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day(:

4 responses to “Tonsillectomy Post Op: Day 3 and Day 4

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: